PERMAROOF WATERBASED ADHESIVE
Permaroof Water Based Deck Adhesive
High performance water based deck adhesive from Permaroof. Suitable for application to timber roof decks and introduced specifically for use with EPDM roofing systems. Fast, safe and easy to apply, ideal for DIY.
This high-performance water based deck adhesive was developed by Permaroof to provide a reliable, top-quality product to match the longevity and superiority of EPDM roofing membranes and accessories. Suitable for wood and ply main area roof decks. For bonding to other roof deck surfaces, please see Permaroof Bonding Adhesive.
- Safe and easy to apply
- Bonds to most surfaces
- Developed especially for EPDM roofing
Options Available and Coverage Rates:
- 2.5 Litre – coverage approx. 10-12m2 onto dry timber
- 5 Litre – coverage approx. 20-22m2 onto dry timber
- 10 Litre - coverage approx. 40-44m2 onto dry timber
Features and benefits of water based adhesive from Permaroof:
- Perfect for use with EPDM roofing
- Easy and safe to apply without special installation expertise
- Facilitates mistakes correction (2-3 times)
- Ideal for DIY
- Applied with a roller
- High quality, long-lasting manufacture
There are a few methods to the application of roofing adhesive to membranes and which you choose will depend upon the type of roofing project you have planned. The water-based deck adhesive can be applied either to the roof deck or to both the deck and the membrane using a pad system for detailed areas and rollers over the larger expanse of the deck surface area.
We also stock spray application options in cans or canister with spray gun and hose – one of our most popular choices for trade roofers. See all Permaroof adhesives.
What is the difference between bonding adhesive and water based deck adhesive?
Bonding adhesives are much stronger adhesives, used for bonding to most materials in addition to timber and is used around the edges of the EPDM, on any up-stands, bonding to brickwork or stone where an effective and quick hold is required to keep the EPDM in place. Bonding adhesive is applied to both the EPDM and the surface and allow to go touch dry.
Deck adhesive and water-based adhesive is more suited to wood and ply adhesion on the main area of the deck. The reason why water-based and deck adhesives are used more commonly than bonding adhesives for DIY application is that water-based adhesive simplifies the application of the EPDM membrane, which can be laid straight onto it while it is still wet. This makes it easier to correct mistakes with the ability to lift and replace the membrane up to 2-3 times.
- Keep container closed when not in use.
- Do not allow the product to freeze.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- User determines suitability for intended use and assumes all risk and liability.
- May cause mild eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing.
- Do not swallow.
- Avoid constant inhalation.
- If swallowed seek medical attention.
- 4” roller frame
- 9” roller frame
- EPDM and adhesive roller kit
- EPDM extension roller
- Quickscrubber Kit
Customer Service and Delivery
- Orders placed before 12pm will be processed the same day for fast delivery (Mainland UK).
- Collection available from Alfreton, Derby by appointment.
- For further product information or after sales service please contact our friendly team by phone, email or chat.
Contact our team to discuss setting up your trade account. Benefit from preferential pricing, a dedicated account manager, samples and marketing materials and much more. Give us a call now on 01773 441 947.
Quick application guide for Permaroof water based deck adhesive
STEP 1. Ensure the surface is clean, dry and free of dust and other small particles. Sweep clean or use a power washer or other suitable method to remove grease and oil patches.
Note: the adhesive should be used on flat timber surfaces – not suitable for brickwork.
STEP 2. Apply an even coat of water based deck adhesive across the entire surface of the main area of the timber roof deck using a suitable 9” roller.
STEP 3. Mate the membrane with the deck, bringing the two surfaces together. At this point, Permaroof water based adhesive is more forgiving with placement than bonding adhesive. This means you can move the membrane around while the adhesive is still wet, even taking it up to correct any mistakes 2-3 times.
STEP 4. Smooth down with a soft brush or EPDM roller to remove any air pockets, bubbles and creases.
Visit the Permaroof corporate resource library to download the Permaroof water based deck adhesive safety data sheet here.