Firestone Spray Adhesive-0.75L
- Buy 12 for £11.56 £9.63 each and save 20%
Firestone Contact Spray Adhesive (0.75L)
The latest formula Firestone contact spray adhesive with improved coverage rates of up to 3m2 per litre. Developed specifically for use with Firestone RubberCover. Ideal for DIY in a handy aerosol spray for even coverage.
Firestone contact adhesive (BA-2012) is especially designed for bonding Firestone EPDM onto approved insulation, timber decks, metal and masonry. Safe, fast and easy to apply, this adhesive is ideal for DIY roofing projects such as shed roofing or green roof installation. Supplied in all our shed roofing kits as standard.
- Safe and easy to apply
- Exceptional bonding properties
- Improved coverage rates and drying times
- 0.75L aerosol cans
- Coverage rate approx. 3m2
- Suitable for a range of surfaces
Firestone contact adhesive also available in:
- 17L spray canister (coverage approx. 75m2)
- 10L tin (coverage approx. 30m2)
- 5L tin (coverage approx. 15m2)
- 2.5L tin (coverage approx. 7m2)
Features and benefits of Firestone contact spray adhesive:
- Sprayable, solvent-based contact adhesive
- Fast and easy to apply, ideal for DIY
- High performance
- Developed for EPDM roofing membranes
- Provides reliable adhesion
- Prevents water ingress
- Helps get the most from your EPDM system
- Suitable for domestic and commercial flat roofing
- State-of-the-art manufacturing technology
- Developed by roofing professionals
Firestone EPDM roofing systems have an expected service life of over 50 years. This is why it is important to apply these high-performing membranes with an adhesive to match this unique performance. Firestone bonding adhesive has been developed especially for EPDM membranes and accessories and delivers the quality you need for a long-lasting, reliable roofing project.
Store in original containers at temperatures between 15-25 degrees. Keep from freezing. Follow the manufacturer guidelines.
May cause mild transient eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. In case of contact, immediately flush eyes with plenty of water and seek medical advice. If consumed, seek immediate medical attention. Keep container closed when not in use. Keep out of the reach of children.
Customer Service and Delivery:
- Orders placed before 2pm will be processed the same day for fast delivery (Mainland UK).
- Collection available from Alfreton, Derby by appointment.
- For further product information or after sales service please contact our friendly team by phone, email or chat.
Contact our team to discuss setting up your trade account. Benefit from preferential pricing, a dedicated account manager, samples and marketing materials and much more. Give us a call now on 01773 441 947.
How to apply Firestone contact spray adhesive
Correct preparation of the mating surface and application of the adhesive is important to ensure the best performance from your project over the duration of its long-expected lifespan. Bonding surfaces must be clean, dry, smooth, free of sharp edges, loose and foreign materials. Sweep clean and use a suitable cleaning medium to remove oil or grease stains and any other contaminants.
Firestone contact spray adhesive is commonly used for bonding EPDM around the detailing and edges of flat roofing installations. It is also ideal for DIY roofing projects such as garden and bike shed roofing, as it allows for even application across the entire surface.
Contact spray adhesive should be applied to both the membrane and the mating surface. Work in sections and keep the aerosol can as upright as you can. Spray consistently from side to side, evenly covering the section you are working on.
Wait for both the membrane and roof deck to go tacky before mating together for the best results. To ensure proper adhesion, compress the bonded portion of the sheet to the substrate with a stiff broom or roofing roller.
Application guide for Firestone bonding adhesive
Watch the video demonstration below 'How to Apply RubberCover Bonding Adhesive'
Note that the quantity and type of adhesive you need will vary according to your project dimensions and requirements. The Permaroof teams are experienced in EPDM roofing and are happy to advise. Call us on 01773 441 947 or use the free EPDM Kit Builder App to help.
Further data sheets and application guides can be found in the Permaroof corporate resource library.