PERMAROOF BONDING ADHESIVE
Permaroof Bonding Adhesive
High performance bonding adhesives suitable for a range of surfaces and introduced specifically for use with EPDM roofing systems. Fast, safe and easy to apply, ideal for DIY.
This high-performance range of bonding adhesives were developed by Permaroof to provide a reliable, top-quality product to match the longevity and superiority of EPDM roofing membranes and accessories. Suitable for a wide variety of surfaces, including timber, concrete, metal, glass and more.
> Safe and easy to apply
> Bonds to most surfaces
> Specifically for EPDM
Options Available and Coverage Rates:
- 2.5 Litre – coverage approx. 4-5m2
- 5 Litre – coverage approx. 9-10m2
- 10 Litre - coverage approx. 18-20m2
Features and benefits of bonding adhesive from Permaroof
- Perfect for use with EPDM roofing
- Easy and safe to apply without special installation expertise
- Ideal for DIY
- Roller applied
- High quality, long-lasting manufacture
Suitable for bonding to a wide range of surfaces:
- Most plastics
- Any other smooth surface
The difference between bonding adhesive and water based or deck adhesive
Bonding adhesives are much stronger adhesives, used for bonding to most materials in addition to timber and is used around the edges of the EPDM, on any up-stands, bonding to brickwork or stone where an effective and quick hold is required to keep the EPDM in place. Bonding adhesive is applied to both the EPDM and the surface.
Deck adhesive and water-based adhesive is more suited to wood and ply adhesion on the main area of the deck. The reason why water-based and deck adhesives are used more commonly than bonding adhesives for DIY application is that water-based adhesive simplifies the application of the EPDM membrane, which can be laid straight onto it while it is still wet. This makes it easier to correct mistakes with the ability to lift and replace the membrane up to 2-3 times.
- Keep container closed when not in use.
- Keep away from heat, sparks and naked flames.
- Avoid prolonged inhalation and skin contact.
- Use in a well-ventilated area.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- User determines suitability for intended use and assumes all risk and liability.
- May cause mild eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing.
- Do not swallow.
- Avoid constant Inhalation.
- If swallowed seek medical attention.
- 4” roller frame
- 9” roller frame
- EPDM and bonding adhesive roller kit
Customer Service and Delivery
- Orders placed before 12pm will be processed the same day for fast delivery (Mainland UK).
- Collection available from Alfreton, Derby by appointment.
- For further product information or after sales service please contact our friendly team by phone, email or chat
Contact our team to discuss setting up your trade account. Benefit from preferential pricing, a dedicated account manager, samples and marketing materials and much more. Give us a call now on 01773 441 947.
How to apply
STEP 1. Ensure the surface is clean, dry and free of dust and other small particles. Sweep clean or use a power washer or other suitable method to remove grease and oil patches.
STEP 2. Apply an even coat to both surfaces using suitable 4” or 9” roller. Use a small roller for detailing and edges and a larger roller for the main surface area.
STEP 3. Allow to tack off before mating the surfaces – this helps to avoid air bubbles becoming trapped under the membrane.
STEP 4. Mate the two surfaces together and smooth down with a soft brush.